Sanitary Protocol for all departures
To secure safe traveling in the future in accordance with WHO and regulations of local official bodies, please find below measures which will be implemented accordingly:
- Meet & Greet at the airport will be a traditional bow or a wave. Handshakes or physical contacts are not allowed
- Disinfecting of the suitcases right away with spray before loading them in the car
- At least once a day: The vehicles will be sanitized / disinfected and availability of hand sanitizers shall be ensured, along with soap, water and paper towels to be used during picnics and long stops
- All drivers undertake to wear masks. No handshakes or physical contacts with the guests on board
Domestic Flights/ Trains
- If available, tickets will be automatically booked and issued through online check-in to avoid standing in line at the registration counter.
- If available, fast track services at the airport will be included to ensure fast and smooth registration process
Guides and drivers
- All guides and drivers undertake to wear masks and implement hygiene standards such as regularly hand washing etc.
- No handshakes or physical contacts with the guests
- Regularly temperature checks for all guides and drivers
To secure safe traveling in the future, the following requirement will be applied for accommodation facilities:
- All hotels must fulfill appropriate hygiene and cleaning standards
- All public areas like elevators, door handles, railings etc. should be cleaned continuously using sanitizer/disinfectant
- Hand sanitizer should be provided at the lobby to use at any time when entering or leaving the hotel
- Guest rooms have to be cleaned continuously by the housekeeping
- Restaurants in hotels and seating in the lobby will be reconfigured to ensure safe distances between guests. In order to limit movements during meals, meals have to be arrange a la carte or set menus (or in-room dining, if available)
- Spa, wellness and gym facilities should fulfill strict hygiene and cleaning standards, with limited amount of guests using these recreation facilities at the same time.
- Check in: passport copies of the guests will be sent to all hotels prior to arrival to avoid long stays in the common areas and giving passports into other persons’ hands.
- All restaurants must fulfill appropriate hygiene and cleaning standards. Restaurants undertake to arrange the recommended seating capacity by the WHO and/or local official bodies and ensure distance between guests. If available, venues with an outdoor setting will also be prioritized to enjoy fresh air.
- In order to limit movements during meals, if possible a la carte or set menus will be arranged (depending of contract and program terms)
- Creation of time slots for highly crowded places (especially covered places)
- Reservation for visits
- Digitalization of tickets and billets, where available
- Temperature checks and alcohol hand gel at disposal in some places or provided by local guides
Discover Central Asia Tours LLC